QU Stadium received a $4 million renovation, announced in December 2014, that upgraded the entire facility into what is now known as "The Rock." With the renovations came a Shaw Sports Turf synthetic surface, a four-story press box with five luxury suites, new grandstands that include 250 chairback seats available in season ticket packages and a 14-by-48-foot video board with a separate scoreboard perched atop it. The Hawks made their return to QU Stadium on Sept. 19 in front of nearly 3,000 fans as the home team topped Lincoln, 42-37.
The QU football team played at QU Stadium from its reinstatement in 1986 through the 2010 season when the facility came into disrepair and the Hawks moved its home games to the Quincy Public Schools' Flinn Stadium. The Hawks played at Flinn Stadium from 2011-14.
The original QU Stadium was built under the Works Project Administration during the second presidential term of Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1938 for an estimated cost of $116,203. Nearly two city blocks, both the football and baseball sides of the stadium provide for a perfect college athletics atmosphere.
The stadium is surrounded by its original limestone wall built in 1938.
1800 Sycamore Street
Quincy, IL 62301